Monday, February 18, 2008

Teachers

"You, whose day it is, make it beautiful. Get out your rainbow colors, that it may be beautiful." -a Nekootsa Indian Poem


Some of my fondest childhood memories are those that revolve around school life. My teachers were my idols! Some were very strict and stern while others were so warm and carefree. Each of them helped in molding me to be a better student, a better human being.

But I know for a fact that being a teacher is not an easy feat. A teacher acts as a parent and role model. They are (in a very big way) responsible for the growth and development of each learner. I usually find myself thinking if my students actually learn something from me and my classes. I hope that they see art beyond the canvas and the color wheel. Having been given the opportunity to teach and work with young children is a great privilege. Truly a great gift!




I work with such dedicated and selfless teachers. They always go above and beyond their call of duty. Each day I learn something new from them. Each lesson I try to carry over and apply in my daily life.



I constantly need to remind myself that learning is an ongoing process. I am very lucky to be surrounded by such passionate, dedicated, patient and hardworking teachers.

Thank you for making my stay a memorable one.


* photos taken at Gerry's Grill, Libis QC, during Teachers' Day celebration

No comments: